Monday, October 22, 2012

Throw Out 50 Things - The Bedroom

We're off to a great start in our Throw Out 50 Things Challenge. This past week, I tackled the master bedroom. This area tends to be a catch-all for things in transition - extra blankets, pictures that need to be hung, gifts that need to be wrapped. So after moving items to there proper space, I still found a number of items to throw out.

So my list of 50 things begins:
1. 5 pairs of socks
2. Cat scratching post
3. 5 books
4. Tote bag received at a trade show
5. 5 shirts
6. a pair of sweatpants
7. Jewelry - watch, necklace, 4 pair of earrings, 6 pins
8. Rose figurine

Even though I go through our house at least once a year to find items to get rid of, it still amazes me at what I continue to find. For me, the clothes were easier to get rid of this time since I hadn't worn them since my last round of decluttering. And the figurine, even though it was given to me by my husband during our courtship, I have another figurine given he gave to me on our first anniversary that means more...and I like better.

To add even more satisfaction to this decluttering, we're already dropped off the items for donation at Goodwill so they are completely gone. I'm sure we'll be making another trip there in the next couple weeks...I've already got my box ready to fill up.

Can't wait to tackle the bathroom this week. Let me know how your progress is going. I'm cheering you on...

2 comments:

  1. This is intriguing! I saw your post on Facebook and looked around the living room counting how many items I could live without. I came up with a quick 7 items, so I'm thinking I ought to tackle this challenge. Usually with each move this is accomplished without thought, but we have another year before a move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how fast things can accumulate even when you purge each year. When you have kids, it happens even faster. Tackling this challenge now will only make it that much easier when it is time to move again.

      Delete