Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Freezer Cooking - Cinnamon Rolls

The kids are always looking for something a little extra special for breakfast on the weekends. After swearing off frozen pastries and waffles, this is my go-to recipe for our breakfast treats. These cinnamon rolls are so easy to make and best of all they freeze well. I can make a couple batches at once to keep in the freezer or to share with others.

So today the bread machine was doing most of the work while I did work on the computer. Then, a quick 10 minutes and I had three pans of cinnamon rolls ready to put in the freezer. 

This recipe is so versatile too. On occasion, I'll use jam in place of the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon filling called for in the recipe. I've turned out peach, cherry, and strawberry danish using this method. All are great as attested to by the speed with which my kids eat them up. 

For other great freezer meal ideas, check out MoneySavingMom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment