Monday, October 29, 2012

Throw Out 50 Things - The Bathroom


Perhaps this was divine intervention as it made the process easier to decide what to throw out. So with that drawer and the rest of the bathroom, here's my progress toward throwing out 50 things.

It's a good thing it was the week to clear out the bathroom of unnecessary items for the Throw Out 50 Things Challenge. As I opened one of the drawers a few nights ago, I found that most of the contents in the drawer where covered in a blue foam.

So began the process of emptying the drawer and finding the culprit.Thankfully, my husband helped out to make it go quicker. We found his can of shaving cream had blown its top and shaving cream had oozed from the can. As the foam expanded, it worked its way across most of the drawer and everything in it.


9.   Two pair of glasses and 2 extra glass cases that will be donated to our local Lion's Club
10. Six hair accessories
11. Three bottles of nail polish and a nail dryer I didn't even know I had
12. A hair dryer that only blows cool air
13. Two makeup brush sets
14. Six makeup products that haven't been used in years and six product samples way past their expiration
15. Four half full bottles of body lotion
16. A perfume mister
17. Two bulb syringes from when the boys were babies
18. Ten bottles of expired medication - over the counter and prescription
19. Two electric razors

Our box headed for Goodwill is beginning to fill up as is our garbage can.

Next, I tackle the kitchen. This is an area that needs me to be ruthless since I'm running out of cupboard space. I'll see how many items I can pull from this area - my goal is to add another 7 items to my list. Check back with me in a few days to see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment