Wednesday, October 24, 2012

In the Name of Youth and Beauty

As part of the Throw Out 50 Things Challenge, I'm making my way through the bathroom this week. I only had a few minutes between other tasks and appointments yesterday, but this photo shows what I came up with after only going through three drawers.

The health and beauty industry is one of the largest in our country...and most of it is due to our never-ending search for youth and beauty. If any place in our life is susceptible to fads, it's down the beauty aisle. All those little bottles of cream and color give us hope that we can erase the tired, stressed, and hopeless parts of our lives.

Now, don't get me wrong...it will still be a long time before I'm seen out in public without a bit of makeup. But, I'm giving serious attention to the cause of some of the issues I'm trying to cover up with all these potions and tools. If I look tired in the morning, it's a reminder that I need to not stay up late working on the computer. If I looked stressed, I'm reminded I should go for a walk. And if it's a day when things are looking a bit hopeless, I know to pick up the phone to talk to a friend or even better, pick up the bible and see what it has to tell me.

I'm still a work in progress and am thankful everyday that my family and friends accept me that way. I know God won't be noticing if my lipstick isn't the right shade when we meet. So I'll work through the rest of the bathroom drawers to see what's ready to be thrown out and will report back on the progress on Monday.

How are you doing on your Throw Out 50 Things Challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment