Monday, November 5, 2012

Making Your Home a Haven

One of my favorite bloggers is Courtney over at Women Living Well. She is inspired to help women understand and become the kind of women God has intended for us to become.

She is starting a new Fall Challenge that I am eager to take on. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I love a good challenge to keep me motivated.

As Courtney writes:
"Stuffed full calendars and to-do lists sky high can leave the entire family feeling tense during the holiday season. I believe we can create a physical environment, as well as a spiritual environment, that can bring peace, harmony and a sense of calmness to our homes if we are willing to be intentional."

This is what I'm after this holiday season. A time to slow down, appreciate the things we already have, and connect more meaningfully with those we love. 

As the week 1 challenge begins today, I've lit my candle in the kitchen. It will be burning brightly all day to encourage me as I work, bring calm over my children at dinner, and catch our blessings as we go to sleep.

Read the rest of Courtney's post here. Then, let me know if you've lit your candle today.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, though I'm not sure I'm ready to think about fall yet. Hey, is that Wildtree website yours? And if so, do you offer anything gluten-free or dairy-free?

    ReplyDelete