Wednesday, August 7, 2013

September is Going to be "Mom Month"

As the summer is winding down, I look back on the fun time spent with the kids. I loved the lighter schedule and laid back days. However, I also realized that the focus on "being there for the kids" put me and my health on the back-burner. So, I've declared in my house that September is "Mom Month".

My focus for the month will be on ME. I'm already blocking out workout time on my September calendar. In addition, here are a few of my goals for the month:

  1. Lose 10 pounds.
  2. Participate in a diet bet on dietbet.com to stay motivated.
  3. Go in for my physical.
  4. Get an eye exam.
  5. Get a massage.
  6. Get a pedicure.
  7. Start getting up at an earlier hour.
  8. Begin the practice of meditation.
Since I'm a planner, I'll use these last weeks with the kids home to make the appointments, get my schedule organized, and set up a place comfortable place in my home to meditate.

I look forward to reporting back on my results and future goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment